Feb 16, 2010, 5:14 PM EDT
UPDATE: The details on the Wang-Nats deal: $2 million in base salary, with up to $3 million in performance-based bonuses.
12:02 P.M.: Now that the shirt’s out of the bag, the Nats have no reason to pretend they haven’t signed Wang. Bill Ladson tweets that the Nats have agreed to terms with Wang and have scheduled a press conference for Friday. Terms aren’t known just yet.
Kudos to the Globe’s Pete Abraham who had this first and stuck with it despite multiple, implausible denials by the agent and the team.
10:59 A.M.: Chien-Ming Wang’s agent has gotten all snippy that people have reported that his client and the Nats already have a deal. He insists that Wang hasn’t yet made up his mind. But if that’s the case, why are the Nationals selling jerseys with his name on it already?
I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say that if a fan can wear Wang’s name on a Nationals jersey this year, Wang will be wearing a Nationals jersey this year as well.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)