Feb 16, 2010, 5:14 PM EDT
UPDATE: The details on the Wang-Nats deal: $2 million in base salary, with up to $3 million in performance-based bonuses.
12:02 P.M.: Now that the shirt’s out of the bag, the Nats have no reason to pretend they haven’t signed Wang. Bill Ladson tweets that the Nats have agreed to terms with Wang and have scheduled a press conference for Friday. Terms aren’t known just yet.
Kudos to the Globe’s Pete Abraham who had this first and stuck with it despite multiple, implausible denials by the agent and the team.
10:59 A.M.: Chien-Ming Wang’s agent has gotten all snippy that people have reported that his client and the Nats already have a deal. He insists that Wang hasn’t yet made up his mind. But if that’s the case, why are the Nationals selling jerseys with his name on it already?
I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say that if a fan can wear Wang’s name on a Nationals jersey this year, Wang will be wearing a Nationals jersey this year as well.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)