Feb 16, 2010, 11:20 AM EDT
Marlins outfielder Cody Ross has won his salary arbitration, receiving $4.45 million. The team offered $4.2 million. Ross hit .290 with 24 homers and 90 RBIs last season and made $2.3 million.
As Sports Law Blog mentioned yesterday, Ross and Corey Hart have the same amount of service time, so the fact that Hart won last week — and the fact that the player’s demand wasn’t too terribly higher than the team’s in Ross’ case — was bad news for the Fish heading into this thing.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 11
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 36
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)