Feb 16, 2010, 11:20 AM EDT
Marlins outfielder Cody Ross has won his salary arbitration, receiving $4.45 million. The team offered $4.2 million. Ross hit .290 with 24 homers and 90 RBIs last season and made $2.3 million.
As Sports Law Blog mentioned yesterday, Ross and Corey Hart have the same amount of service time, so the fact that Hart won last week — and the fact that the player’s demand wasn’t too terribly higher than the team’s in Ross’ case — was bad news for the Fish heading into this thing.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (97)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)