Feb 18, 2010, 6:57 PM EDT
Over the next several days, I’ll be dipping into my 2010 projections and presenting some leaderboards.
1. Joe Mauer – 958
2. Brian McCann – 847
3. Victor Martinez – 845
4. Matt Wieters – 836
5. Mike Napoli – 832
6. Jorge Posada – 824
7. Chris Iannetta – 816
8. Buster Posey – 812
9. Geovany Soto – 802
10. Miguel Montero – 795
– Technically, I also have Jeff Clement in there at 810, but he’s only a catcher for fantasy purposes.
– Posey is projected for 203 at-bats at the moment. If I thought he’d be a full-time player on Opening Day, his OPS projection wouldn’t be quite so kind. However, I’m guessing that he’ll spend three or four months in Triple-A and then come up and play well.
– Russell Martin gets the third-best OBP projection behind Mauer and Martinez, but his slugging percentage holds him back here. I have him hitting .274/.370/.411.
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 40
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 47
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 27
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 59
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)