Feb 18, 2010, 6:57 PM EDT
Over the next several days, I’ll be dipping into my 2010 projections and presenting some leaderboards.
1. Joe Mauer – 958
2. Brian McCann – 847
3. Victor Martinez – 845
4. Matt Wieters – 836
5. Mike Napoli – 832
6. Jorge Posada – 824
7. Chris Iannetta – 816
8. Buster Posey – 812
9. Geovany Soto – 802
10. Miguel Montero – 795
– Technically, I also have Jeff Clement in there at 810, but he’s only a catcher for fantasy purposes.
– Posey is projected for 203 at-bats at the moment. If I thought he’d be a full-time player on Opening Day, his OPS projection wouldn’t be quite so kind. However, I’m guessing that he’ll spend three or four months in Triple-A and then come up and play well.
– Russell Martin gets the third-best OBP projection behind Mauer and Martinez, but his slugging percentage holds him back here. I have him hitting .274/.370/.411.
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 104
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 67
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 31
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- Ryan Hanigan needs surgery, so the Red Sox will call up prospect Blake Swihart 15
- Royals’ bullpen blows no-hit bid in the eighth inning against the Tigers 7
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (362)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)