Feb 18, 2010, 6:57 PM EDT
Over the next several days, I’ll be dipping into my 2010 projections and presenting some leaderboards.
1. Joe Mauer – 958
2. Brian McCann – 847
3. Victor Martinez – 845
4. Matt Wieters – 836
5. Mike Napoli – 832
6. Jorge Posada – 824
7. Chris Iannetta – 816
8. Buster Posey – 812
9. Geovany Soto – 802
10. Miguel Montero – 795
– Technically, I also have Jeff Clement in there at 810, but he’s only a catcher for fantasy purposes.
– Posey is projected for 203 at-bats at the moment. If I thought he’d be a full-time player on Opening Day, his OPS projection wouldn’t be quite so kind. However, I’m guessing that he’ll spend three or four months in Triple-A and then come up and play well.
– Russell Martin gets the third-best OBP projection behind Mauer and Martinez, but his slugging percentage holds him back here. I have him hitting .274/.370/.411.
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 2
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 20
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)