Feb 18, 2010, 6:57 PM EST
Over the next several days, I’ll be dipping into my 2010 projections and presenting some leaderboards.
1. Joe Mauer – 958
2. Brian McCann – 847
3. Victor Martinez – 845
4. Matt Wieters – 836
5. Mike Napoli – 832
6. Jorge Posada – 824
7. Chris Iannetta – 816
8. Buster Posey – 812
9. Geovany Soto – 802
10. Miguel Montero – 795
– Technically, I also have Jeff Clement in there at 810, but he’s only a catcher for fantasy purposes.
– Posey is projected for 203 at-bats at the moment. If I thought he’d be a full-time player on Opening Day, his OPS projection wouldn’t be quite so kind. However, I’m guessing that he’ll spend three or four months in Triple-A and then come up and play well.
– Russell Martin gets the third-best OBP projection behind Mauer and Martinez, but his slugging percentage holds him back here. I have him hitting .274/.370/.411.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 43
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 84
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 36
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)