Feb 18, 2010, 6:57 PM EDT
Over the next several days, I’ll be dipping into my 2010 projections and presenting some leaderboards.
1. Joe Mauer – 958
2. Brian McCann – 847
3. Victor Martinez – 845
4. Matt Wieters – 836
5. Mike Napoli – 832
6. Jorge Posada – 824
7. Chris Iannetta – 816
8. Buster Posey – 812
9. Geovany Soto – 802
10. Miguel Montero – 795
– Technically, I also have Jeff Clement in there at 810, but he’s only a catcher for fantasy purposes.
– Posey is projected for 203 at-bats at the moment. If I thought he’d be a full-time player on Opening Day, his OPS projection wouldn’t be quite so kind. However, I’m guessing that he’ll spend three or four months in Triple-A and then come up and play well.
– Russell Martin gets the third-best OBP projection behind Mauer and Martinez, but his slugging percentage holds him back here. I have him hitting .274/.370/.411.
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 5
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 3
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 51
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 4
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 39
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 78
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)