Feb 18, 2010, 8:45 AM EDT
Heyman tweets that Rod Barajas is likely to accept a minor league offer from the Mets worth $1 million if he makes the team. Heyman also says that he’s likely to be the Mets starting catcher. If the Mets are so sure about him starting I’m not sure why it’s a minor league offer, but I guess there are some relatively Byzantine roster reasons for such a thing.
The Mets took a rather roundabout way of getting their catcher, but at the end of the day they and their fans should be a lot happier about paying Rod Barajas $1 million than paying Bengie Molina three times that for two years or whatever it was he was demanding. Because really, there isn’t a night-and-day difference between Rod Barajas and Bengie Molina.
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 0
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 14
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 37
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 181
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 38
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (181)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)