Feb 18, 2010, 8:45 AM EDT
Heyman tweets that Rod Barajas is likely to accept a minor league offer from the Mets worth $1 million if he makes the team. Heyman also says that he’s likely to be the Mets starting catcher. If the Mets are so sure about him starting I’m not sure why it’s a minor league offer, but I guess there are some relatively Byzantine roster reasons for such a thing.
The Mets took a rather roundabout way of getting their catcher, but at the end of the day they and their fans should be a lot happier about paying Rod Barajas $1 million than paying Bengie Molina three times that for two years or whatever it was he was demanding. Because really, there isn’t a night-and-day difference between Rod Barajas and Bengie Molina.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)