Feb 18, 2010, 2:43 PM EDT
UPDATE: Orioles’ beat writer Brittany Ghiroli says that Buster was wrong, and that Roberts doesn’t have kidney stones. Rather, he has back spasms.
How one can mistake those two things given the, um, geography involved is an open question, but we just pass along what we hear.
2:16 P.M.: Buster Olney writes:
Heard this: Orioles second baseman Brian Roberts
is coping with some serious discomfort from kidney stones, but to this
point, the team has no indication that it will affect his preparation
for the start of spring training.
Based on what people who have had kidney stones have told me, this is true. That is, if seeing, walking, sleeping and breathing and anything more strenuous than that aren’t critical to one’s spring training preparation. The absolute worst pain imaginable, I’m told. Something you wouldn’t wish on the evil mastermind who pulls the string of your worst enemy.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17