Feb 18, 2010, 2:43 PM EDT
UPDATE: Orioles’ beat writer Brittany Ghiroli says that Buster was wrong, and that Roberts doesn’t have kidney stones. Rather, he has back spasms.
How one can mistake those two things given the, um, geography involved is an open question, but we just pass along what we hear.
2:16 P.M.: Buster Olney writes:
Heard this: Orioles second baseman Brian Roberts
is coping with some serious discomfort from kidney stones, but to this
point, the team has no indication that it will affect his preparation
for the start of spring training.
Based on what people who have had kidney stones have told me, this is true. That is, if seeing, walking, sleeping and breathing and anything more strenuous than that aren’t critical to one’s spring training preparation. The absolute worst pain imaginable, I’m told. Something you wouldn’t wish on the evil mastermind who pulls the string of your worst enemy.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)