Feb 18, 2010, 12:23 PM EDT
David Lennon of Newsday tweets from Mets’ spring training:
When Johan was asked to name best pitcher in NL East, he replied, “Santana.” Hear that Halladay?
I may be a Braves fan, but I can think of nothing I’m looking forward to more this season than watching Johan Santana and Roy Halladay battling to figure out the real answer to that question.
The beauty of it: no matter which of those two lose, all the rest of us win by seeing such pitching awesomeness.
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 2
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 15
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 12
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)