Feb 18, 2010, 12:23 PM EDT
David Lennon of Newsday tweets from Mets’ spring training:
When Johan was asked to name best pitcher in NL East, he replied, “Santana.” Hear that Halladay?
I may be a Braves fan, but I can think of nothing I’m looking forward to more this season than watching Johan Santana and Roy Halladay battling to figure out the real answer to that question.
The beauty of it: no matter which of those two lose, all the rest of us win by seeing such pitching awesomeness.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 118
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 156
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 56
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (173)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (156)