Feb 18, 2010, 12:23 PM EDT
David Lennon of Newsday tweets from Mets’ spring training:
When Johan was asked to name best pitcher in NL East, he replied, “Santana.” Hear that Halladay?
I may be a Braves fan, but I can think of nothing I’m looking forward to more this season than watching Johan Santana and Roy Halladay battling to figure out the real answer to that question.
The beauty of it: no matter which of those two lose, all the rest of us win by seeing such pitching awesomeness.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)