Feb 18, 2010, 6:20 PM EDT
As I’ve said several times in the past, there should be a law that says all teams should have their city or state name on their road jerseys. The Brewers have been one of the primary offenders of this shadow law, but they’re at least trying to come back into compliance:
The Brewers today unveiled alternate road jersey tops featuring the word “Milwaukee” across the front that the team will begin wearing “occasionally” during the 2010 season. The team also continue to use its primary grey road jerseys, which say, “Brewers.”
That fact has long been a point of contention for some fans, who have been vocal about their desire to see the Brewers trumpet the city they call home.
Photos of the jerseys appear in the linked article.
Good for the Brewers. Now make it a permanent fixture. Because any team that accepts public money for their ballpark sure as hell should display some public pride.
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 2
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 38
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 59
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 70
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 44
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 30
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)