Blue Jays fight off Rangers for … Jose Molina

Feb 19, 2010, 3:45 PM EDT

Earlier this week multiple reports had the Rangers interested in Jose Molina, with Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram calling him the team’s “No. 1 target” at catcher, but this afternoon the 35-year-old signed with the Blue Jays.
Molina gets $400,000 guaranteed and another $400,000 if he makes the Opening Day roster, and the Blue Jays will have a $1.2 million team option on him for 2011. After backing up Jorge Posada in New York for the past two-plus seasons Molina will be John Buck’s understudy in Toronto, likely getting just 1-2 starts per week barring an injury.
In other words, it seems unlikely that he chose Toronto over Texas because of playing time, so either the Rangers offered their supposed “No. 1 target” less than $800,000 or he just really likes Canada. His brother Bengie Molina spent 2006 in Toronto, so perhaps he passed along some good words about Tim Hortons and maybe even the city or team.

1. Joey B - Feb 19, 2010 at 4:12 PM

I hate the NYY with a passion, but if I were teaching someone how to catch, I’d just give them a video of Molina. I think he’ll make a great backup even if he doesn’t hit at all.

2. Curious George - Feb 19, 2010 at 4:52 PM

“even if he doesn’t hit at all.”
    Even WHEN he doesn’t hit at all. Ain’t no ifs about it.

3. Daniel Baldacchino - Feb 19, 2010 at 6:45 PM

As someone who doesn’t like to shop much, I am always excited to find a great buy on something I really like. I hate paying full price for anything and avoid it if possible. It’s nearly impossible for me to pass by a clearance section without checking it out. Last summer I came across this sweater on clearance at my favorite store.

4. Logitech Trackball - Feb 20, 2010 at 7:13 AM

The new Zune browser is surprisingly good, but not as good as the iPod’s. It works well, but isn’t as fast as Safari, and has a clunkier interface. If you occasionally plan on using the web browser that’s not an issue, but if you’re planning to browse the web alot from your PMP then the iPod’s larger screen and better browser may be important.

5. Logitech Trackball - Feb 20, 2010 at 10:30 AM

Sorry for the huge review, but I’m really loving the new Zune, and hope this, as well as the excellent reviews some other people have written, will help you decide if it’s the right choice for you.

6. Sewing Machine Manual - Feb 22, 2010 at 9:49 AM

These sewing machines are exactly what I needed to replace my 1970 car. It is expanding every day for my designs with embroidery as a bonus for my ability to sew perfect. Compact enough to store on a shelf library. Easy to use and the manual was clear to me and I will grow from a good starting point.

7. Sewing Machine For Sale - Feb 22, 2010 at 12:51 PM

With the invention of the sewing machine the daunting task of sewing became faster and more efficient. The basic task for the sewing machine is to use thread to stitch together fabrics or any other type of material in the effort to create a finished product. On the market today, there are many different types of Sewing machines that vary in size, color and ability.

8. buy email templates - Mar 1, 2010 at 5:55 PM

You make some good, valid points, but I can’t say that I agree with you completely on this one.

Patience finally paying off for Royals fans
  1. R. Castillo (2833)