Excessive off-days to be eliminated in the postseason

Feb 19, 2010, 1:31 PM EST

Jim Bowden just tweeted that Selig’s 14-man uber-committee will soon announce the elimination of excessive offdays in the postseason. I’m not sure how they can simply “announce” it instead of recommend it, because they’re only supposed to be a panel of experts, not some sort of executive body.  If I’m wrong though, brace yourselves everyone, because it means Tony La Russa has real power over non-Cardinals.

Now, do something about pace-of-game fellas.

1. Ryan - Feb 19, 2010 at 1:36 PM

How many committee members does it take to …

2. carlos - Feb 19, 2010 at 2:08 PM

If they can wrap it up before November, I’ll be impressed.

3. Jack Meoffer - Feb 19, 2010 at 2:26 PM

Bud Selig has been a disaster since day 1 of being commisioner. Thank god his idea of destroying the leagues and going to 5 divisions never worked. He has destroyed enough baseball tradations already. He’s an old *#^@% and should retire already. Too bad Bart Giammati passed away. He had baseballs best interest at heart and would of been great for the game.

4. Ron - Feb 19, 2010 at 2:50 PM

It’s just LaRussa’s way of getting the roster increased in order to add more relievers.

5. moreflagsmorefun - Feb 19, 2010 at 4:08 PM

Is this the same as when Bud( i love that name, Bud)said they will
    have some day games in the World Series in the future and fox said they have no itension of doing that.Fox runs MLB.

6. moreflagsmorefun - Feb 19, 2010 at 4:11 PM

Don’t be surprised if your watching game six of the world series on x-mas eve and The Yankees Derek Jeter hits a walk off homerun to win it all.You never know.

7. CommonNow - Feb 19, 2010 at 5:02 PM

COMMON BUD – I don’t care if there is a game scheuduled or not. My EXCESSES during my days off are my business!

8. Logitech Trackball - Feb 20, 2010 at 7:14 AM

Apple now has Rhapsody as an app, which is a great start, but it is currently hampered by the inability to store locally on your iPod, and has a dismal 64kbps bit rate. If this changes, then it will somewhat negate this advantage for the Zune, but the 10 songs per month will still be a big plus in Zune Pass’ favor.

9. Logitech Trackball - Feb 20, 2010 at 7:27 AM

Zune and iPod: Most people compare the Zune to the Touch, but after seeing how slim and surprisingly small and light it is, I consider it to be a rather unique hybrid that combines qualities of both the Touch and the Nano. It’s very colorful and lovely OLED screen is slightly smaller than the touch screen, but the player itself feels quite a bit smaller and lighter. It weighs about 2/3 as much, and is noticeably smaller in width and height, while being just a hair thicker.

10. Logitech Trackball - Feb 20, 2010 at 8:14 AM

Between me and my husband we’ve owned more MP3 players over the years than I can count, including Sansas, iRivers, iPods (classic

11. Logitech Trackball - Feb 20, 2010 at 8:44 AM

12. Logitech Trackball - Feb 20, 2010 at 9:06 AM

The Zune concentrates on being a Portable Media Player. Not a web browser. Not a game machine. Maybe in the future it’ll do even better in those areas, but for now it’s a fantastic way to organize and listen to your music and videos, and is without peer in that regard. The iPod’s strengths are its web browsing and apps. If those sound more compelling, perhaps it is your best choice.

13. johnnynewguy - Feb 20, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Shut …………… Up!

14. Orville Barkhimer - Feb 22, 2010 at 3:21 PM

I bought a new Hair Dryer Holder last week and I must say it’s a fantastic device. I’m wondering how I have lived without that. I only can say it made my life easier and it’s saving so much time.

15. rauchen aufhören - Mar 2, 2010 at 10:34 AM

This is getting a bit more subjective, but I much prefer the Zune Marketplace. The interface is colorful, has more flair, and some cool features like ‘Mixview’ that let you quickly see related albums, songs, or other users related to what you’re listening to. Clicking on one of those will center on that item, and another set of “neighbors” will come into view, allowing you to navigate around exploring by similar artists, songs, or users. Speaking of users, the Zune “Social” is also great fun, letting you find others with shared tastes and becoming friends with them. You then can listen to a playlist created based on an amalgamation of what all your friends are listening to, which is also enjoyable. Those concerned with privacy will be relieved to know you can prevent the public from seeing your personal listening habits if you so choose.

Maddon has high hopes for Cubs
  1. P. Sandoval (6324)