Feb 19, 2010, 6:30 PM EDT
Earlier today we learned about Jamie McCourt’s request for more money. Our friend Josh Fisher at Dodger Divorce points out something particularly delicious from her filing:
[P]erquisites paid directly by the McCourt business constituted a very significant element of the marital lifestyle, averaging an additional approximately $800,000 per month.
As Josh notes, the “McCourt business” is basically the Dodgers. As Josh also notes, Matt Kemp and Clayton Kershaw made $871,000 in salary for the 2009 season combined.
As the philosopher Mel Brooks once said, It’s good to be the king. It ain’t bad being the former queen either.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8