Feb 19, 2010, 6:30 PM EDT
Earlier today we learned about Jamie McCourt’s request for more money. Our friend Josh Fisher at Dodger Divorce points out something particularly delicious from her filing:
[P]erquisites paid directly by the McCourt business constituted a very significant element of the marital lifestyle, averaging an additional approximately $800,000 per month.
As Josh notes, the “McCourt business” is basically the Dodgers. As Josh also notes, Matt Kemp and Clayton Kershaw made $871,000 in salary for the 2009 season combined.
As the philosopher Mel Brooks once said, It’s good to be the king. It ain’t bad being the former queen either.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 40
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 28
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 77
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week (80)