Feb 19, 2010, 6:30 PM EST
Earlier today we learned about Jamie McCourt’s request for more money. Our friend Josh Fisher at Dodger Divorce points out something particularly delicious from her filing:
[P]erquisites paid directly by the McCourt business constituted a very significant element of the marital lifestyle, averaging an additional approximately $800,000 per month.
As Josh notes, the “McCourt business” is basically the Dodgers. As Josh also notes, Matt Kemp and Clayton Kershaw made $871,000 in salary for the 2009 season combined.
As the philosopher Mel Brooks once said, It’s good to be the king. It ain’t bad being the former queen either.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27