Feb 19, 2010, 12:48 PM EDT
Last month Craig suggested that someone ought to give Ozzie Guillen his own reality television show and … well, MLB Network announced this week that it’s doing just that.
Technically the show will be about the entire White Sox’s management team, including general manager Ken Williams and owner Jerry Reinsdorf, but when the first episodes start airing in July you can be certain that Guillen will be the star.
Camera crews will follow Guillen, Williams, Reinsdorf, and the rest of the White Sox’s front office from now until the July 31 trade deadline and the end result will be a six-part series called “The Club.”
Best-case scenario is probably part Moneyball and part Hard Knocks, with Guillen providing most of the entertainment and Williams letting everyone be a fly on the wall as he tries to swing a blockbuster trade.
Worst-case scenario is probably the White Sox jumping out to a 50-25 start to completely run away from the rest of the AL Central by the time the final episode airs. Because, you know, I’m a Twins fan and all.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59