Feb 19, 2010, 12:48 PM EDT
Last month Craig suggested that someone ought to give Ozzie Guillen his own reality television show and … well, MLB Network announced this week that it’s doing just that.
Technically the show will be about the entire White Sox’s management team, including general manager Ken Williams and owner Jerry Reinsdorf, but when the first episodes start airing in July you can be certain that Guillen will be the star.
Camera crews will follow Guillen, Williams, Reinsdorf, and the rest of the White Sox’s front office from now until the July 31 trade deadline and the end result will be a six-part series called “The Club.”
Best-case scenario is probably part Moneyball and part Hard Knocks, with Guillen providing most of the entertainment and Williams letting everyone be a fly on the wall as he tries to swing a blockbuster trade.
Worst-case scenario is probably the White Sox jumping out to a 50-25 start to completely run away from the rest of the AL Central by the time the final episode airs. Because, you know, I’m a Twins fan and all.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 55
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 15
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 43
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead