Feb 19, 2010, 10:50 AM EDT
Bill Ladson tweets that Nats reliever Sean Burnett lost his arbitration. He’ll make $775,000 in 2010. He had asked for $925,000. Between this and the Brian Bruney arbitration, the Nats bullpen is gettin’ shelled before the first pitch has even been thrown.
In other news, I’m noticing that every arbitration result has been reported first by MLB.com beat reporters. There are a lot of good ones over there, and in the grand scheme of things this isn’t that important, but I wonder if the teams are shooting the results to them first. Despite the fact that they’re paid by Major League Baseball, MLB.com reporters aren’t usually given any special access.
Like I said, this is no big deal. It’s just one of those things I’m noticing while waiting around for Tiger Woods to pretend to be sorry for living like a rock star and getting brutally assaulted by his wife.
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 8
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 33
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)