Feb 19, 2010, 10:50 AM EDT
Bill Ladson tweets that Nats reliever Sean Burnett lost his arbitration. He’ll make $775,000 in 2010. He had asked for $925,000. Between this and the Brian Bruney arbitration, the Nats bullpen is gettin’ shelled before the first pitch has even been thrown.
In other news, I’m noticing that every arbitration result has been reported first by MLB.com beat reporters. There are a lot of good ones over there, and in the grand scheme of things this isn’t that important, but I wonder if the teams are shooting the results to them first. Despite the fact that they’re paid by Major League Baseball, MLB.com reporters aren’t usually given any special access.
Like I said, this is no big deal. It’s just one of those things I’m noticing while waiting around for Tiger Woods to pretend to be sorry for living like a rock star and getting brutally assaulted by his wife.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)