Feb 19, 2010, 10:50 AM EDT
Bill Ladson tweets that Nats reliever Sean Burnett lost his arbitration. He’ll make $775,000 in 2010. He had asked for $925,000. Between this and the Brian Bruney arbitration, the Nats bullpen is gettin’ shelled before the first pitch has even been thrown.
In other news, I’m noticing that every arbitration result has been reported first by MLB.com beat reporters. There are a lot of good ones over there, and in the grand scheme of things this isn’t that important, but I wonder if the teams are shooting the results to them first. Despite the fact that they’re paid by Major League Baseball, MLB.com reporters aren’t usually given any special access.
Like I said, this is no big deal. It’s just one of those things I’m noticing while waiting around for Tiger Woods to pretend to be sorry for living like a rock star and getting brutally assaulted by his wife.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (100)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)