Feb 20, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
Carlos Delgado recently underwent another hip surgery, reports Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com, but he stills plans on attempting a comeback, according to his agent David Sloane.
The 37-year-old first baseman recently felt a twinge in his hip after playing winter ball in his native Puerto Rico to mixed reviews. He is expected to be out of action for around four months.
“He wanted to play every day. He felt, despite the time it would take,
it was a better option for him to be the Carlos Delgado of old instead
of an old Carlos Delgado.”
Delgado is currently sixth among active players with 473 home runs. It’d be a shame for his career to end this way.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)