Feb 20, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
Carlos Delgado recently underwent another hip surgery, reports Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com, but he stills plans on attempting a comeback, according to his agent David Sloane.
The 37-year-old first baseman recently felt a twinge in his hip after playing winter ball in his native Puerto Rico to mixed reviews. He is expected to be out of action for around four months.
“He wanted to play every day. He felt, despite the time it would take,
it was a better option for him to be the Carlos Delgado of old instead
of an old Carlos Delgado.”
Delgado is currently sixth among active players with 473 home runs. It’d be a shame for his career to end this way.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)