Feb 20, 2010, 3:37 PM EDT
Update: Andro has some further clarification, saying Holland iced the knee and is wearing a black sleeve on it. He will have an MRI on Monday, if needed, but the young pitcher doesn’t think it is anything serious.
1:40 PM: Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News reports that Holland can’t get an MRI on his right knee this weekend. The current diagnosis is a mild sprain. If he feels better on Monday, the test could be scratched. Sounds like good news.
1:08 PM: According to Anthony Andro of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Derek Holland injured his right knee during agility drills on Saturday. After being examined by team doctor Keith Meister, the Rangers sent him for an MRI.
We’re currently awaiting results, but it would be a real shame to see his development slowed for a second straight season. The Rangers jerked Holland around last season between the bullpen and the starting rotation and he understandably struggle with an uncertain role, finishing 8-13 with a 6.12 ERA in 138 1/3 innings.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 12
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)