Feb 20, 2010, 3:37 PM EDT
Update: Andro has some further clarification, saying Holland iced the knee and is wearing a black sleeve on it. He will have an MRI on Monday, if needed, but the young pitcher doesn’t think it is anything serious.
1:40 PM: Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News reports that Holland can’t get an MRI on his right knee this weekend. The current diagnosis is a mild sprain. If he feels better on Monday, the test could be scratched. Sounds like good news.
1:08 PM: According to Anthony Andro of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Derek Holland injured his right knee during agility drills on Saturday. After being examined by team doctor Keith Meister, the Rangers sent him for an MRI.
We’re currently awaiting results, but it would be a real shame to see his development slowed for a second straight season. The Rangers jerked Holland around last season between the bullpen and the starting rotation and he understandably struggle with an uncertain role, finishing 8-13 with a 6.12 ERA in 138 1/3 innings.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 100
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (101)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)