Eric Gagne expresses "regrets" about past

Feb 20, 2010, 5:10 PM EDT

Eric Gagne addressed questions about his past connections to performance-enhancing drugs upon arriving to Dodgers’ camp on Saturday, according to Jeff Fletcher of AOL Fanhouse:

“I’ve said it 150 times, it’s always going to be on my resume for the
rest of my life,” Gagne told reporters. “People will second-guess
everything I do and if I have a good year they’ll all second guess.
That’s normal. I’m not expecting anything else. But for me it’s over. I
have to go on. I can talk about it every day. It doesn’t matter. I
still have to go out and pitch and perform.”

Gagne, who turned 34 in January, signed a minor league deal with the Dodgers this week. Honestly, I almost forgot Gagne was included in the Mitchell Report and that’s probably because he’s been completely irrelevant for so long.

1. Paul of Virginia - Feb 20, 2010 at 8:37 PM

Well if Eric can come back from numerous injuries, probably the result of performance enhancing drugs, he can be the right hand set up man for the Dodgers to complement lefty Geo. Sherrill. Lets hope he is back and injury free.

2. Doug - Feb 20, 2010 at 8:54 PM

Gagne was a no-name 5th starter till he went on the ‘roids
    and starting throwing 100 mph. Why would anyone think that
    5 years later and without the ‘roids, he would be anywhere
    near what he was ? He’s the poster boy for pitchers
    who benefitted from steroids, other than Clemens and Petitte – -
    but they were both great pitchers before the PEDs.

3. Doug - Feb 20, 2010 at 9:08 PM

Gagne was a no-name 5th starter till he went on the ‘roids
    and starting throwing 100 mph. Why would anyone think that
    5 years later and without the ‘roids, he would be anywhere
    near what he was ? He’s the poster boy for pitchers
    who benefitted from steroids, other than Clemens and Petitte – -
    but they were both great pitchers before the PEDs. He took
    the Dodgers, Rangers, and Brewers for over $30 million after
    the 3 great steroid years. He’s a total fraud.

4. Moses Green - Feb 21, 2010 at 2:12 AM

They never print the best parts. A rambling and beer and b.o.-smelling Gagne went on to say “I really regret most of all that I never learned how to cycle correctly, I cost myself a lot of money and I could have used that money today to hire a rich-people doctor who can get me the HGH that I would need to compete today. Every day I headbutt the heavy bag in the workout room in my apartment saying
    Stupide! WHAP Merde! WHAP Stupide! WHAP Merde! WHAP

5. Hal - Feb 21, 2010 at 8:13 AM

Fan Gagne is not anywhere close to being the pitcher he once was. I saw him all summer and he does not have the stuff to pitch at the major league level. But I wish him the best of luck.

6. Hal - Feb 21, 2010 at 8:14 AM