Feb 21, 2010, 6:06 PM EDT
White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen announced Sunday that Mark Buehrle would get the nod on Opening Day for a franchise record eighth time.
Buehrle, entering his 10th year as a member of the White Sox rotation, will break a tie with Billy Pierce for the most Opening Day starts in team history. He gets the nod after going 13-10 with a 3.84 ERA in 33 starts last season.
Guillen didn’t announce the rest of the rotation, but he indicated that Jake Peavy would follow Buehrle. John Danks, Gavin Floyd and Freddy Garcia are also slated to have spots.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)