Feb 21, 2010, 6:06 PM EDT
White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen announced Sunday that Mark Buehrle would get the nod on Opening Day for a franchise record eighth time.
Buehrle, entering his 10th year as a member of the White Sox rotation, will break a tie with Billy Pierce for the most Opening Day starts in team history. He gets the nod after going 13-10 with a 3.84 ERA in 33 starts last season.
Guillen didn’t announce the rest of the rotation, but he indicated that Jake Peavy would follow Buehrle. John Danks, Gavin Floyd and Freddy Garcia are also slated to have spots.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59