Feb 21, 2010, 10:11 AM EDT
When Major League Baseball decided Saturday to officially outlaw guns in clubhouses we figured the story would draw a few laughs and maybe some snarky remarks. What we didn’t expect, however, was serious, disappointed reaction from a current professional.
“If you grew up around it, being in the outdoors and stuff, I was taught as a young kid to respect firearms,” Franklin said after a Saturday workout. “First of all, you don’t get stupid with it. Always treat a gun like it’s loaded. That’s what I taught my son and daugthers. There’s a place for them. … If it wasn’t for the NFL guy a couple years ago brining a weapon to a nightclub … you’ve just got to be smart.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 25
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)