Feb 21, 2010, 10:11 AM EDT
When Major League Baseball decided Saturday to officially outlaw guns in clubhouses we figured the story would draw a few laughs and maybe some snarky remarks. What we didn’t expect, however, was serious, disappointed reaction from a current professional.
“If you grew up around it, being in the outdoors and stuff, I was taught as a young kid to respect firearms,” Franklin said after a Saturday workout. “First of all, you don’t get stupid with it. Always treat a gun like it’s loaded. That’s what I taught my son and daugthers. There’s a place for them. … If it wasn’t for the NFL guy a couple years ago brining a weapon to a nightclub … you’ve just got to be smart.
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 1
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)