Feb 21, 2010, 8:58 AM EDT
Jorge Posada made an interesting observation on Saturday evening, comparing current Yankees ace CC Sabathia to former teammate David Wells. (George King III of the New York Post gathered the quote).
“He could pitch for 50 more years,” Posada of the 29-year-old Sabathia. “He has an arm like David Wells.”
- CC Sabathia: 136-81 current win-loss record, four 200-inning seasons, 3.62 career ERA, 1,590 strikeouts spanning eight professional seasons.
- David Wells: 239-157 career win-loss record, seven 200-inning seasons, 4.13 career ERA, 2,201 career strikeouts spanning 21 professional seasons.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 23
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 38
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 42
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 19
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)