Feb 21, 2010, 8:58 AM EDT
Jorge Posada made an interesting observation on Saturday evening, comparing current Yankees ace CC Sabathia to former teammate David Wells. (George King III of the New York Post gathered the quote).
“He could pitch for 50 more years,” Posada of the 29-year-old Sabathia. “He has an arm like David Wells.”
- CC Sabathia: 136-81 current win-loss record, four 200-inning seasons, 3.62 career ERA, 1,590 strikeouts spanning eight professional seasons.
- David Wells: 239-157 career win-loss record, seven 200-inning seasons, 4.13 career ERA, 2,201 career strikeouts spanning 21 professional seasons.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)