Feb 21, 2010, 8:58 AM EDT
Jorge Posada made an interesting observation on Saturday evening, comparing current Yankees ace CC Sabathia to former teammate David Wells. (George King III of the New York Post gathered the quote).
“He could pitch for 50 more years,” Posada of the 29-year-old Sabathia. “He has an arm like David Wells.”
- CC Sabathia: 136-81 current win-loss record, four 200-inning seasons, 3.62 career ERA, 1,590 strikeouts spanning eight professional seasons.
- David Wells: 239-157 career win-loss record, seven 200-inning seasons, 4.13 career ERA, 2,201 career strikeouts spanning 21 professional seasons.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 69
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)