Feb 21, 2010, 8:58 AM EST
Jorge Posada made an interesting observation on Saturday evening, comparing current Yankees ace CC Sabathia to former teammate David Wells. (George King III of the New York Post gathered the quote).
“He could pitch for 50 more years,” Posada of the 29-year-old Sabathia. “He has an arm like David Wells.”
- CC Sabathia: 136-81 current win-loss record, four 200-inning seasons, 3.62 career ERA, 1,590 strikeouts spanning eight professional seasons.
- David Wells: 239-157 career win-loss record, seven 200-inning seasons, 4.13 career ERA, 2,201 career strikeouts spanning 21 professional seasons.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)