Feb 21, 2010, 8:58 AM EDT
Jorge Posada made an interesting observation on Saturday evening, comparing current Yankees ace CC Sabathia to former teammate David Wells. (George King III of the New York Post gathered the quote).
“He could pitch for 50 more years,” Posada of the 29-year-old Sabathia. “He has an arm like David Wells.”
- CC Sabathia: 136-81 current win-loss record, four 200-inning seasons, 3.62 career ERA, 1,590 strikeouts spanning eight professional seasons.
- David Wells: 239-157 career win-loss record, seven 200-inning seasons, 4.13 career ERA, 2,201 career strikeouts spanning 21 professional seasons.
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 8
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 33
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)