Feb 21, 2010, 12:56 PM EDT
MLB.com’s Matthew Leach has`some excellent news for Cardinals fans and those lucky enough to land the No. 1 pick in fantasy drafts this spring. Albert Pujols, who has dealt with a right elbow injury for much of his career, has been given a 95 percent chance of avoiding Tommy John surgery.
“If I recall, that’s what Dr. [James] Andrew s and Dr. [George] Paletta agreed, Pujols said Sunday. “There’s a 95 percent that I’ll feel good.
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 5
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 19
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 37
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 10
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 53
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 87
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)