Feb 22, 2010, 5:55 PM EST
Over the next several days, I’ll be dipping into my 2010 projections and presenting some leaderboards.
1. Chase Utley – 899
2. Robinson Cano – 860
3. Ian Kinsler – 846
4. Dustin Pedroia – 845
5. Ben Zobrist – 828
6. Dan Uggla – 822
7. Aaron Hill – 816
8. Howie Kendrick – 812
9. Kelly Johnson – 812
10. Brandon Phillips – 801
– While I’m rather down on Utley as a fantasy second baseman, he’s easily the class of the group when it comes to real baseball. I have him leading second baseman in OBP and one point behind Cano for the top slugging percentage.
– Brian Roberts misses out on a spot, even though he’s cleared 800 three straight seasons. I’m guessing his slugging percentage will fall off from what was the second-highest mark of his career last season. I have him at .279/.361/.424.
– I have 11 second basemen projected to slug .450 or better. 10 are listed above. The 11th is Jose Lopez, who doesn’t make the list because of a .318 projected on-base percentage.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 108
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 40
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 5
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 4
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 367
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (367)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (109)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)