Feb 22, 2010, 5:55 PM EDT
Over the next several days, I’ll be dipping into my 2010 projections and presenting some leaderboards.
1. Chase Utley – 899
2. Robinson Cano – 860
3. Ian Kinsler – 846
4. Dustin Pedroia – 845
5. Ben Zobrist – 828
6. Dan Uggla – 822
7. Aaron Hill – 816
8. Howie Kendrick – 812
9. Kelly Johnson – 812
10. Brandon Phillips – 801
– While I’m rather down on Utley as a fantasy second baseman, he’s easily the class of the group when it comes to real baseball. I have him leading second baseman in OBP and one point behind Cano for the top slugging percentage.
– Brian Roberts misses out on a spot, even though he’s cleared 800 three straight seasons. I’m guessing his slugging percentage will fall off from what was the second-highest mark of his career last season. I have him at .279/.361/.424.
– I have 11 second basemen projected to slug .450 or better. 10 are listed above. The 11th is Jose Lopez, who doesn’t make the list because of a .318 projected on-base percentage.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)