Feb 22, 2010, 6:55 PM EDT
First Buster Olney reported that Brian Roberts had kidney stones. That was shot down by Orioles’ beat writer Brittany Ghiroli, who reported that no, it was back spasms. that Buster was wrong, and that Roberts doesn’t have kidney stones. Rather, he has back spasms. Now Ghiroli — who clearly has Olney beat on the Brian Roberts beat — has an update: a small herniated disc. But fear not, Orioles fans, he may not be too bad off:
On Monday, Roberts talked to reporters for the first time since the
injury and said he has spent the last few weeks slowly progressing in
his workouts. While he hasn’t done any hitting, Roberts has been able
to do some dry swings and some running.
“It’s already definitely
a lot better than it was three weeks ago,” he said. “[Tuesday I'll]
probably start some swings in the cage softly. Our main goal is
obviously [Opening Day] April 6. So, [we will] just progress that way.”
That’s great to hear. Know what else would be great? If no one ever used the phrase “dry swings” again.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17