Feb 22, 2010, 3:25 PM EDT
Asked this morning about all of the young talent in Atlanta, Florida and Miami, Chipper Jones said that “in the next few years you’re gonna see this division invert.“
Given that the Braves have finished in third place for three of the last four seasons, this is a rather pessimistic take on his own ballclub, because an inverted division still means third place. But hey, I guess that puts the Mets in line for the wild card.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)