Feb 22, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
Based on how much iron David Wright apparently pumped this offseason, it would seem that he doesn’t want to depend on lower fences at Citi Field to help restore his power. Mercy.
In other news, the article goes on and on about how Jeff Francoeur is helping Wright take a better mental approach to the game. This is puzzling news given that anyone who watched Frenchie in a Braves uniform over the past five years will be shocked to learn that he even has a mental approach to the game which he can share.
To be fair, Wright was reported to have brooded and obsessed a bit during his struggles last season, and the seemingly happy-go-lucky Francouer could supply a little levity and looseness. For example, he could teach Wright not to get too down during a slump. Or to worry about the media. Or the pitch count. Or the pitch location. Or the game situation. You know, those things that get in the way of doing whatever it is Jeff Francoeur does.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)