Feb 22, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
Based on how much iron David Wright apparently pumped this offseason, it would seem that he doesn’t want to depend on lower fences at Citi Field to help restore his power. Mercy.
In other news, the article goes on and on about how Jeff Francoeur is helping Wright take a better mental approach to the game. This is puzzling news given that anyone who watched Frenchie in a Braves uniform over the past five years will be shocked to learn that he even has a mental approach to the game which he can share.
To be fair, Wright was reported to have brooded and obsessed a bit during his struggles last season, and the seemingly happy-go-lucky Francouer could supply a little levity and looseness. For example, he could teach Wright not to get too down during a slump. Or to worry about the media. Or the pitch count. Or the pitch location. Or the game situation. You know, those things that get in the way of doing whatever it is Jeff Francoeur does.
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 5
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 1
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 11
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 141
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (141)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)