Feb 22, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
Based on how much iron David Wright apparently pumped this offseason, it would seem that he doesn’t want to depend on lower fences at Citi Field to help restore his power. Mercy.
In other news, the article goes on and on about how Jeff Francoeur is helping Wright take a better mental approach to the game. This is puzzling news given that anyone who watched Frenchie in a Braves uniform over the past five years will be shocked to learn that he even has a mental approach to the game which he can share.
To be fair, Wright was reported to have brooded and obsessed a bit during his struggles last season, and the seemingly happy-go-lucky Francouer could supply a little levity and looseness. For example, he could teach Wright not to get too down during a slump. Or to worry about the media. Or the pitch count. Or the pitch location. Or the game situation. You know, those things that get in the way of doing whatever it is Jeff Francoeur does.
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 8
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 33
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)