Feb 22, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
Based on how much iron David Wright apparently pumped this offseason, it would seem that he doesn’t want to depend on lower fences at Citi Field to help restore his power. Mercy.
In other news, the article goes on and on about how Jeff Francoeur is helping Wright take a better mental approach to the game. This is puzzling news given that anyone who watched Frenchie in a Braves uniform over the past five years will be shocked to learn that he even has a mental approach to the game which he can share.
To be fair, Wright was reported to have brooded and obsessed a bit during his struggles last season, and the seemingly happy-go-lucky Francouer could supply a little levity and looseness. For example, he could teach Wright not to get too down during a slump. Or to worry about the media. Or the pitch count. Or the pitch location. Or the game situation. You know, those things that get in the way of doing whatever it is Jeff Francoeur does.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 24
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 45
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 25
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)