Our first Manny bein' Manny moment of 2010

Feb 22, 2010, 12:17 PM EST

The L.A. Times’ Dylan Hernandez caught up with Manny Ramirez this morning. In the space of five sentences Manny (a) predicted the future; (b) said that predicting the future is meaningless and that he’d prefer to take things one day at a time; (c) said the game was “still fun to play”; and (d) said that he may retire next after this year:

“I know I’m not going to be here next year,” Ramirez said.

So you don’t think you will re-sign with Dodgers?

“I doubt it, I don’t know,” he said. “I’m happy to be here. I’m going to try to enjoy myself.”

Asked
what made him think he wouldn’t be in Los Angeles in 2011, Ramirez
replied, “I don’t know. I just know that I’m not going to be here.”

Did he see himself moving to the American League?

“I don’t know,” Ramirez said. “We’ll see. Let’s take it a day at a time.”

Ramirez said he wasn’t even certain if he wanted to play next season.

How much would you pay to be able to crawl into Manny’s head “Being John Malkovich” style?  $10,000? More?  I’m pretty sure I’d pay more.

1. DodgerFan - Feb 22, 2010 at 6:59 PM

I wish he would just go away now, right now.

2. scott - Feb 22, 2010 at 7:46 PM

If you don’t live in the L.A. area you wouldnt understand what an impact this guy has on ticket sales and #99 memorabilia…Dodgers owner makes more off of Manny than Manny makes off the Dodgers..Guaranteed… Every mexican in L.A. loves Manny, they all own at least one jersey and most have the Manny wig/baseball cap too… Don’t feel too sorry for either one of them !

3. partytime - Feb 22, 2010 at 7:55 PM

It goes without saying, stupid is as stupid does. Anyone that looks up to Manny is as ignorant as he is.

4. scott - Feb 22, 2010 at 8:00 PM

5. scott - Feb 22, 2010 at 8:01 PM

6. DougTucson - Feb 22, 2010 at 8:37 PM

you’re mostly right. Lots of folks, not just Latinos, like Manny and will put their butts in seats to watch him. Whether or not he is still worth watching…well, we will know soon enough.

7. Kurtis - Feb 22, 2010 at 8:38 PM

Manny is CANCER to any team. Every Red Sox fan I know, tells me they are glad he left and even happier when he failed his L.A. drug test. He drains an organization of money that can easily pay for 3 players and he does not earn that wage. He distracts team unity with his antics. He looks like an apathetic buffoon to the media and fans. I’m glad HE KNOWS he won’t be back, I wish I could be certain the Dodgers won’t sell the farm to keep his worthless carcass.

8. Birdie17 - Feb 22, 2010 at 9:48 PM

He’s turning into the Brett Favre of MLB……..he’ll probably change his mind a few times, too.

9. Russ In CA. - Feb 22, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Hopefully the pants way too long look will go with him as well. I hate the Dodgers, Manny, and anyone who disgraces the baseball uniform. BRING BACK STIRRUPS!!!
    Hopefully many gets busted again for drugs.
    GO GIANTS!!! BEAT L.A.!!!

10. Joey B - Feb 23, 2010 at 9:10 AM

“Manny is CANCER to any team. Every Red Sox fan I know, tells me they are glad he left and even happier when he failed his L.A. drug test. He drains an organization of money that can easily pay for 3 players and he does not earn that wage. He distracts team unity with his antics.”
    As a RS fan, I’d make that 8-year deal again. The MBM stuff didn’t get out of control until Boras became his agent and had him break his contract. Late to spring training isn’t a huge deal for someone that can wake up in the middle of the night and drive the ball. The fielding was solid, with an occasional highlight reel error. He didn’t run fullout on one-hoppers to 2nd, but I never saw him not hustling if hustling meant something. He was an erratic baserunner, but he was still a better judge than our 3rd base coach. And no one beat up on the NYY like Manny did.

11. Alfa TZ - Feb 23, 2010 at 11:16 AM

Manny isn’t what he used to be after quiting the female hormone thing. Who cares about him…he was a non-contributer last year.

12. Tanesha Stefano - Feb 24, 2010 at 10:16 AM

Intimately, the post is in reality the best on this precious topic. I agree with your conclusions and will thirstily look forward to your forthcoming updates. Saying thanks will not just be enough, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates. Solid work and much success in your business efforts!

13. VirtuagirlHD - Feb 24, 2010 at 1:59 PM

It looks that you’ve put a good deal of time into your post and I want a lot more of these on the internet these days. Well, anyways… it certainly was very informative for me.

14. the review - Feb 24, 2010 at 10:13 PM

I could’ve swore I saw this somewhere else.. Oh well! :)

15. VirtuagirlHD - Feb 25, 2010 at 1:36 PM

I don’t usually reply to posts but I have to in this case. Very nice! Grabbed the feed too :)

16. Shemale Webcam - Feb 27, 2010 at 12:36 PM

Enjoy free tranny webcams with your favorite shemale webcam amateur chat host! Free Tranny Chat!

17. Movie Reviews - Feb 27, 2010 at 4:20 PM

It appears that you have placed a lot of effort into your article and I require more of these on the net these days. I sincerely got a kick out of your post. I don’t really have much to say in response, I only wanted to comment to reply wonderful work.

18. Bobby Townsend - Mar 16, 2010 at 3:01 PM

I never have and never have given a rats a&& to any Manny moment. I am just killing a little time right now writing about it.

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester