Feb 22, 2010, 12:17 PM EDT
The L.A. Times’ Dylan Hernandez caught up with Manny Ramirez this morning. In the space of five sentences Manny (a) predicted the future; (b) said that predicting the future is meaningless and that he’d prefer to take things one day at a time; (c) said the game was “still fun to play”; and (d) said that he may retire next after this year:
“I know I’m not going to be here next year,” Ramirez said.
So you don’t think you will re-sign with Dodgers?
“I doubt it, I don’t know,” he said. “I’m happy to be here. I’m going to try to enjoy myself.”
what made him think he wouldn’t be in Los Angeles in 2011, Ramirez
replied, “I don’t know. I just know that I’m not going to be here.”
Did he see himself moving to the American League?
“I don’t know,” Ramirez said. “We’ll see. Let’s take it a day at a time.”
Ramirez said he wasn’t even certain if he wanted to play next season.
How much would you pay to be able to crawl into Manny’s head “Being John Malkovich” style? $10,000? More? I’m pretty sure I’d pay more.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 12
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 10
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)