Feb 22, 2010, 12:17 PM EST
The L.A. Times’ Dylan Hernandez caught up with Manny Ramirez this morning. In the space of five sentences Manny (a) predicted the future; (b) said that predicting the future is meaningless and that he’d prefer to take things one day at a time; (c) said the game was “still fun to play”; and (d) said that he may retire next after this year:
“I know I’m not going to be here next year,” Ramirez said.
So you don’t think you will re-sign with Dodgers?
“I doubt it, I don’t know,” he said. “I’m happy to be here. I’m going to try to enjoy myself.”
what made him think he wouldn’t be in Los Angeles in 2011, Ramirez
replied, “I don’t know. I just know that I’m not going to be here.”
Did he see himself moving to the American League?
“I don’t know,” Ramirez said. “We’ll see. Let’s take it a day at a time.”
Ramirez said he wasn’t even certain if he wanted to play next season.
How much would you pay to be able to crawl into Manny’s head “Being John Malkovich” style? $10,000? More? I’m pretty sure I’d pay more.
- MLB declares Hector Olivera a free agent 0
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 3
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 23
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)