Feb 22, 2010, 12:17 PM EDT
The L.A. Times’ Dylan Hernandez caught up with Manny Ramirez this morning. In the space of five sentences Manny (a) predicted the future; (b) said that predicting the future is meaningless and that he’d prefer to take things one day at a time; (c) said the game was “still fun to play”; and (d) said that he may retire next after this year:
“I know I’m not going to be here next year,” Ramirez said.
So you don’t think you will re-sign with Dodgers?
“I doubt it, I don’t know,” he said. “I’m happy to be here. I’m going to try to enjoy myself.”
what made him think he wouldn’t be in Los Angeles in 2011, Ramirez
replied, “I don’t know. I just know that I’m not going to be here.”
Did he see himself moving to the American League?
“I don’t know,” Ramirez said. “We’ll see. Let’s take it a day at a time.”
Ramirez said he wasn’t even certain if he wanted to play next season.
How much would you pay to be able to crawl into Manny’s head “Being John Malkovich” style? $10,000? More? I’m pretty sure I’d pay more.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)