Feb 22, 2010, 12:17 PM EST
The L.A. Times’ Dylan Hernandez caught up with Manny Ramirez this morning. In the space of five sentences Manny (a) predicted the future; (b) said that predicting the future is meaningless and that he’d prefer to take things one day at a time; (c) said the game was “still fun to play”; and (d) said that he may retire next after this year:
“I know I’m not going to be here next year,” Ramirez said.
So you don’t think you will re-sign with Dodgers?
“I doubt it, I don’t know,” he said. “I’m happy to be here. I’m going to try to enjoy myself.”
what made him think he wouldn’t be in Los Angeles in 2011, Ramirez
replied, “I don’t know. I just know that I’m not going to be here.”
Did he see himself moving to the American League?
“I don’t know,” Ramirez said. “We’ll see. Let’s take it a day at a time.”
Ramirez said he wasn’t even certain if he wanted to play next season.
How much would you pay to be able to crawl into Manny’s head “Being John Malkovich” style? $10,000? More? I’m pretty sure I’d pay more.
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 18
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 29
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 90
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (90)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)