Feb 22, 2010, 10:45 AM EDT
Braves’ outfield prospect/personal Man-Crush Supreme Jason Heyward showed up to spring training this morning looking absolutely huge. His teammates compared him to Jevon Kearse. Asked if he had some kind of special workout or diet this winter he said:
“Just growing up. Hopefully growing into my grown-man strength.”
Dude had a .963 OPS across three levels at age 19 last season. If he did that without even being physically mature, I for one welcome our new Jason Heyward overlords.
In other news, there’s likely to be a lot of Quotes of the Day in the coming week. We’re at that time of the year when nothing is really happening yet, everyone is happy and optimistic and thus everyone is talking. That makes for great quote.
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 26
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 21
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (99)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)