Feb 22, 2010, 10:45 AM EDT
Braves’ outfield prospect/personal Man-Crush Supreme Jason Heyward showed up to spring training this morning looking absolutely huge. His teammates compared him to Jevon Kearse. Asked if he had some kind of special workout or diet this winter he said:
“Just growing up. Hopefully growing into my grown-man strength.”
Dude had a .963 OPS across three levels at age 19 last season. If he did that without even being physically mature, I for one welcome our new Jason Heyward overlords.
In other news, there’s likely to be a lot of Quotes of the Day in the coming week. We’re at that time of the year when nothing is really happening yet, everyone is happy and optimistic and thus everyone is talking. That makes for great quote.
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 39
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 84
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)