Feb 22, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Neat promotion from the Cincinnati Reds: they’re auctioning off the chance to be in this year’s team photo. The proceeds from the auction will go to charity.
The opening bid is $500, but I can only assume it will go much higher. Indeed, reliever Mike Lincoln probably views the auction as a much better bet to get into that photo than actually making the roster, so he’s likely to bid it up quickly.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 5
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 21
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 9
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 47
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)