Feb 22, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Neat promotion from the Cincinnati Reds: they’re auctioning off the chance to be in this year’s team photo. The proceeds from the auction will go to charity.
The opening bid is $500, but I can only assume it will go much higher. Indeed, reliever Mike Lincoln probably views the auction as a much better bet to get into that photo than actually making the roster, so he’s likely to bid it up quickly.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 16
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 58
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 46
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)