Feb 22, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Neat promotion from the Cincinnati Reds: they’re auctioning off the chance to be in this year’s team photo. The proceeds from the auction will go to charity.
The opening bid is $500, but I can only assume it will go much higher. Indeed, reliever Mike Lincoln probably views the auction as a much better bet to get into that photo than actually making the roster, so he’s likely to bid it up quickly.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)