Feb 23, 2010, 11:15 AM EDT
Boone posted a career line of .263/.326/.425 with 126 homers in twelve seasons. He made the All-Star team once. And of course, there’s this. He’s our generation’s Bucky Dent.
His last act as a baseball player was probably the most notable, though, as he had open heart surgery last March and came back to baseball by August. He was called up by the Astros in September where he went hitless in 14 plate appearances. Not that getting a hit was the point.
Always liked Aaron Boone. Glad he could leave the game walking off the field.
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 0
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 14
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 37
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 181
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 38
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (181)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)