Feb 23, 2010, 11:15 AM EDT
Boone posted a career line of .263/.326/.425 with 126 homers in twelve seasons. He made the All-Star team once. And of course, there’s this. He’s our generation’s Bucky Dent.
His last act as a baseball player was probably the most notable, though, as he had open heart surgery last March and came back to baseball by August. He was called up by the Astros in September where he went hitless in 14 plate appearances. Not that getting a hit was the point.
Always liked Aaron Boone. Glad he could leave the game walking off the field.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)