Feb 23, 2010, 11:15 AM EDT
Boone posted a career line of .263/.326/.425 with 126 homers in twelve seasons. He made the All-Star team once. And of course, there’s this. He’s our generation’s Bucky Dent.
His last act as a baseball player was probably the most notable, though, as he had open heart surgery last March and came back to baseball by August. He was called up by the Astros in September where he went hitless in 14 plate appearances. Not that getting a hit was the point.
Always liked Aaron Boone. Glad he could leave the game walking off the field.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12