Feb 23, 2010, 11:15 AM EDT
Boone posted a career line of .263/.326/.425 with 126 homers in twelve seasons. He made the All-Star team once. And of course, there’s this. He’s our generation’s Bucky Dent.
His last act as a baseball player was probably the most notable, though, as he had open heart surgery last March and came back to baseball by August. He was called up by the Astros in September where he went hitless in 14 plate appearances. Not that getting a hit was the point.
Always liked Aaron Boone. Glad he could leave the game walking off the field.
- Cliff Lee exits start with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 7
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 46
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 128
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (124)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)