Feb 23, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
Baseball America released its annual ranking of the game’s top 100 prospects today. While the scouting reports, analysis, and additional information are available only to subscribers–and as a longtime subscriber I can assure you it’s worth the money–the actual list is open to the public.
Jason Heyward edged out Stephen Strasburg for the top spot and the Rangers feature four of the top 42 prospects, including Neftali Feliz at No. 9. Good stuff, as always, so check it out.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 23
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 205
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (205)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)