Feb 23, 2010, 7:57 AM EDT
Pro-tip: when you’re a non-roster invitee, you probably don’t want to get busted for DUI during the first damn week of spring training:
Clearwater police arrested Phillies catcher Dane Sardinha early Monday morning for allegedly driving under the influence. The Phillies said they are aware of the arrest, but declined comment. The Pinellas County Sheriff’s office said Sardinha was arrested on a
misdemeanor and released on $250 bond. He participated in Monday’s
workout at the Carpenter Complex.
Sardinha, who signed a Minor League contract with the Phillies in
January and is a non-roster invitee to camp, has played parts of four
seasons in the Majors. He has hit .125 in 31 games with the Reds and
Tigers. He hit .097 in 12 games last season with the Tigers.
If you’re a veteran on the Phillies, how do you not start a betting pool as to whether Sardinha’s BAC comes back higher than his career batting average?
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 6
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 21
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)