Feb 23, 2010, 7:57 AM EDT
Pro-tip: when you’re a non-roster invitee, you probably don’t want to get busted for DUI during the first damn week of spring training:
Clearwater police arrested Phillies catcher Dane Sardinha early Monday morning for allegedly driving under the influence. The Phillies said they are aware of the arrest, but declined comment. The Pinellas County Sheriff’s office said Sardinha was arrested on a
misdemeanor and released on $250 bond. He participated in Monday’s
workout at the Carpenter Complex.
Sardinha, who signed a Minor League contract with the Phillies in
January and is a non-roster invitee to camp, has played parts of four
seasons in the Majors. He has hit .125 in 31 games with the Reds and
Tigers. He hit .097 in 12 games last season with the Tigers.
If you’re a veteran on the Phillies, how do you not start a betting pool as to whether Sardinha’s BAC comes back higher than his career batting average?
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 14
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 21
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 39
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)