Feb 23, 2010, 7:57 AM EST
Pro-tip: when you’re a non-roster invitee, you probably don’t want to get busted for DUI during the first damn week of spring training:
Clearwater police arrested Phillies catcher Dane Sardinha early Monday morning for allegedly driving under the influence. The Phillies said they are aware of the arrest, but declined comment. The Pinellas County Sheriff’s office said Sardinha was arrested on a
misdemeanor and released on $250 bond. He participated in Monday’s
workout at the Carpenter Complex.
Sardinha, who signed a Minor League contract with the Phillies in
January and is a non-roster invitee to camp, has played parts of four
seasons in the Majors. He has hit .125 in 31 games with the Reds and
Tigers. He hit .097 in 12 games last season with the Tigers.
If you’re a veteran on the Phillies, how do you not start a betting pool as to whether Sardinha’s BAC comes back higher than his career batting average?
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 138
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 39
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 15
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 23