Feb 23, 2010, 7:57 AM EDT
Pro-tip: when you’re a non-roster invitee, you probably don’t want to get busted for DUI during the first damn week of spring training:
Clearwater police arrested Phillies catcher Dane Sardinha early Monday morning for allegedly driving under the influence. The Phillies said they are aware of the arrest, but declined comment. The Pinellas County Sheriff’s office said Sardinha was arrested on a
misdemeanor and released on $250 bond. He participated in Monday’s
workout at the Carpenter Complex.
Sardinha, who signed a Minor League contract with the Phillies in
January and is a non-roster invitee to camp, has played parts of four
seasons in the Majors. He has hit .125 in 31 games with the Reds and
Tigers. He hit .097 in 12 games last season with the Tigers.
If you’re a veteran on the Phillies, how do you not start a betting pool as to whether Sardinha’s BAC comes back higher than his career batting average?
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 13
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 6
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 93
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (94)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)