Feb 23, 2010, 7:57 AM EDT
Pro-tip: when you’re a non-roster invitee, you probably don’t want to get busted for DUI during the first damn week of spring training:
Clearwater police arrested Phillies catcher Dane Sardinha early Monday morning for allegedly driving under the influence. The Phillies said they are aware of the arrest, but declined comment. The Pinellas County Sheriff’s office said Sardinha was arrested on a
misdemeanor and released on $250 bond. He participated in Monday’s
workout at the Carpenter Complex.
Sardinha, who signed a Minor League contract with the Phillies in
January and is a non-roster invitee to camp, has played parts of four
seasons in the Majors. He has hit .125 in 31 games with the Reds and
Tigers. He hit .097 in 12 games last season with the Tigers.
If you’re a veteran on the Phillies, how do you not start a betting pool as to whether Sardinha’s BAC comes back higher than his career batting average?
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)