Feb 23, 2010, 4:20 PM EDT
A minor league deal, of course. Rosenthal reports that Wilkerson is not invited to the major league camp. He’ll train with the minor leaguers. Unlike a lot of guys his age, he’s willing to play at AAA this year.
While Wilkerson trained last year, he hasn’t played in a real game since 2008, when he put up a .216/.297/.332 line for Seattle and Toronto. He hasn’t been a regular since the Nats’ inaugural season in 2005 when the team was selling him as the face of the franchise.
Seems like a million years ago.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 2
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 94
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (230)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)