Feb 23, 2010, 4:20 PM EST
A minor league deal, of course. Rosenthal reports that Wilkerson is not invited to the major league camp. He’ll train with the minor leaguers. Unlike a lot of guys his age, he’s willing to play at AAA this year.
While Wilkerson trained last year, he hasn’t played in a real game since 2008, when he put up a .216/.297/.332 line for Seattle and Toronto. He hasn’t been a regular since the Nats’ inaugural season in 2005 when the team was selling him as the face of the franchise.
Seems like a million years ago.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 63
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 30
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 20
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)