Feb 23, 2010, 4:20 PM EDT
A minor league deal, of course. Rosenthal reports that Wilkerson is not invited to the major league camp. He’ll train with the minor leaguers. Unlike a lot of guys his age, he’s willing to play at AAA this year.
While Wilkerson trained last year, he hasn’t played in a real game since 2008, when he put up a .216/.297/.332 line for Seattle and Toronto. He hasn’t been a regular since the Nats’ inaugural season in 2005 when the team was selling him as the face of the franchise.
Seems like a million years ago.
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 61
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 9
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)