Feb 23, 2010, 4:20 PM EDT
A minor league deal, of course. Rosenthal reports that Wilkerson is not invited to the major league camp. He’ll train with the minor leaguers. Unlike a lot of guys his age, he’s willing to play at AAA this year.
While Wilkerson trained last year, he hasn’t played in a real game since 2008, when he put up a .216/.297/.332 line for Seattle and Toronto. He hasn’t been a regular since the Nats’ inaugural season in 2005 when the team was selling him as the face of the franchise.
Seems like a million years ago.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 0
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 5
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 24
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 29
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 349
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (349)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (183)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)