Feb 24, 2010, 8:59 AM EDT
There had been a lot of noise about Curtis Granderson moving to left field now that he’s with the Yankees, but yesterday on XM’s Home Plate show, Brian Cashman said “Granderson is out centerfielder.” Oh, he hedged it a bit and noted that Brett Gardner would be an outstanding centerfielder, but the Granderson is going to be the man.
Which probably makes sense even if Gardner is a better defender. Why? Because it’s a pretty good bet that Gardner is going to be on some sort of platoon or rotation with Randy Winn and/or Marcus Thames, and it makes way more sense to swap all of them out in left than it would for Granderson to have to bop back and forth depending on which of those three is in the lineup on a given day.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)