Feb 24, 2010, 8:59 AM EDT
There had been a lot of noise about Curtis Granderson moving to left field now that he’s with the Yankees, but yesterday on XM’s Home Plate show, Brian Cashman said “Granderson is out centerfielder.” Oh, he hedged it a bit and noted that Brett Gardner would be an outstanding centerfielder, but the Granderson is going to be the man.
Which probably makes sense even if Gardner is a better defender. Why? Because it’s a pretty good bet that Gardner is going to be on some sort of platoon or rotation with Randy Winn and/or Marcus Thames, and it makes way more sense to swap all of them out in left than it would for Granderson to have to bop back and forth depending on which of those three is in the lineup on a given day.
- Report: Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 0
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 196
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 91
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 30
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (196)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (91)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (84)