Feb 24, 2010, 8:59 AM EDT
There had been a lot of noise about Curtis Granderson moving to left field now that he’s with the Yankees, but yesterday on XM’s Home Plate show, Brian Cashman said “Granderson is out centerfielder.” Oh, he hedged it a bit and noted that Brett Gardner would be an outstanding centerfielder, but the Granderson is going to be the man.
Which probably makes sense even if Gardner is a better defender. Why? Because it’s a pretty good bet that Gardner is going to be on some sort of platoon or rotation with Randy Winn and/or Marcus Thames, and it makes way more sense to swap all of them out in left than it would for Granderson to have to bop back and forth depending on which of those three is in the lineup on a given day.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (182)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)