Feb 24, 2010, 1:10 PM EDT
Last month it was reported that former Blue Jays’ GM J.P. Ricciardi had signed on with a talent agency, looking to get a TV gig. They did a good job, it seems, as Ricciardi was just hired by ESPN to replace Steve Phillips as their GM-in-residence on “Baseball Tonight.”
I thought ESPN’s baseball coverage hit a low point when they had Phillips pretend to be a real GM and answer Buster Olney’s questions in a phony press conference five years ago. With Ricciardi on the team, however, they can sink even further if they try. How? They can set him up in a phony press conference and have him lie to the phony reporter!
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)