Feb 24, 2010, 8:20 AM EDT
The world changed in a very important way last night at around 9PM. How? Ozzie Guillen’s Twitter account went live. The highlights so far:
3 day of Spring Training and im already boreddddddd
going to eat in half hour why dye no have a job ?
Thanks a lot for the support i like it the twitter…..
Iam tired from bad very bad golf
10 15 pm going to sleep big day tomorrow bbque at my house after practice yessssss
The immediacy of Twitter can be dangerous enough for people who usually think about what they say before they say it. A guy like Guillen who (a) has absolutely no filter between his mind and his mouth; and (b) is frequently bored, is going to set the thing on fire.
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 9
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 26
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (91)