Feb 24, 2010, 8:20 AM EDT
The world changed in a very important way last night at around 9PM. How? Ozzie Guillen’s Twitter account went live. The highlights so far:
3 day of Spring Training and im already boreddddddd
going to eat in half hour why dye no have a job ?
Thanks a lot for the support i like it the twitter…..
Iam tired from bad very bad golf
10 15 pm going to sleep big day tomorrow bbque at my house after practice yessssss
The immediacy of Twitter can be dangerous enough for people who usually think about what they say before they say it. A guy like Guillen who (a) has absolutely no filter between his mind and his mouth; and (b) is frequently bored, is going to set the thing on fire.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (76)