Feb 24, 2010, 8:20 AM EDT
The world changed in a very important way last night at around 9PM. How? Ozzie Guillen’s Twitter account went live. The highlights so far:
3 day of Spring Training and im already boreddddddd
going to eat in half hour why dye no have a job ?
Thanks a lot for the support i like it the twitter…..
Iam tired from bad very bad golf
10 15 pm going to sleep big day tomorrow bbque at my house after practice yessssss
The immediacy of Twitter can be dangerous enough for people who usually think about what they say before they say it. A guy like Guillen who (a) has absolutely no filter between his mind and his mouth; and (b) is frequently bored, is going to set the thing on fire.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)