Feb 24, 2010, 10:38 AM EDT
Manny’s state of mind is like the weather: don’t like it? Just wait a few minutes and it will change. Here he is a day after saying that he might just retire after this year:
Manny Ramirez walked across the Dodgers’ clubhouse on Tuesday to interrupt a conversation.
“Listen,” he said as he made a half-hearted attempt to suppress a
giggle. “I want you to tell everyone that I felt so good practicing
yesterday that I’m going to play five more years.” Three in the majors and two in Japan, he said, still laughing.
Not that you should discount everything MbM says:
“Whether the season is good or bad, you have to give thanks to God. You have to be thankful that you have a job. Think about all of
the things that are happening in the world. There are people who say,
‘I don’t have Gucci shoes.’ But I say to them, ‘You have feet. Be
thankful because there are people who are worse off than you.’ “
After the interview he told the reporter that when he died, on his deathbed, he will receive total consciousness. So he’s got that goin’ for him, which is nice.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)