Feb 24, 2010, 4:00 PM EDT
You’ll recall that last month I passed on a rumor I heard that Frank McCourt planned to sell the Dodgers once the divorce stuff is all settled. Upon posting it, the Dodgers Thought Police called me, demanding a retraction and calling me irresponsible.
Which was fine. I figured I had simply hit a nerve — the divorce is obviously a sensitive subject — but apparently the Dodgers’ media people just have thin-skin. As evidence I give you two tweets from the L.A. Times’ Dylan Hernandez. First:
The Dodgers have kicked reporters out of their main building and are forcing them to write in the stadium pressbox . . .
Dodgers PR questioned my use of the term “kicked out” in a previous tweet. I want to clarify: We were “relocated”
Orwell once called unclear prose a “contagion” designed to “make lies sound truthful, murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.” Perhaps the Dodgers’ policing of the way in which people characterize their actions in random tweets doesn’t raise such Orwellian concerns, but they nonetheless need to lighten the hell up.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (127)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (100)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)