Feb 24, 2010, 12:27 PM EDT
UPDATE: Ladson reports that the Nats have signed Livan Hernandez to a minor league deal.
10:00 A.M.: After a full winter of saying that they were looking for a “Livan Hernandez-type” pitcher, but steadfastly refusing to consider Livan Hernandez for the job, the Nats have apparently decided that they just can’t quit Livan, with Bill Ladson reporting that the team is in “serious talks” with the mediocre iron-man.
All of this reminds of the time that Ted Turner fired Bobby Cox as Braves’ manager in 1981and at the press conference the same day asked who was on his short list for a replacement. Turner said “it would be Bobby Cox if I hadn’t just fired him. We
need someone like him around here.”
You can look that up, by the way. It’s part of Georgia law.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (80)