Feb 24, 2010, 12:27 PM EDT
UPDATE: Ladson reports that the Nats have signed Livan Hernandez to a minor league deal.
10:00 A.M.: After a full winter of saying that they were looking for a “Livan Hernandez-type” pitcher, but steadfastly refusing to consider Livan Hernandez for the job, the Nats have apparently decided that they just can’t quit Livan, with Bill Ladson reporting that the team is in “serious talks” with the mediocre iron-man.
All of this reminds of the time that Ted Turner fired Bobby Cox as Braves’ manager in 1981and at the press conference the same day asked who was on his short list for a replacement. Turner said “it would be Bobby Cox if I hadn’t just fired him. We
need someone like him around here.”
You can look that up, by the way. It’s part of Georgia law.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 56
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 1
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 131
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (131)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)