Feb 24, 2010, 12:20 PM EST
Paul Sullivan reports that the cactus league is displaying a grapefruit with an autograph of a player whose autograph no one really wants anymore.
Meanwhile Amalie Benjamin tweets that “starters are throwing bullpens.”
While the winter months bring a deafening silence to the world of baseball, the sweet sorrow of spring training must be organized by military intelligence.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 91
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 27
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 257
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)