Feb 24, 2010, 12:20 PM EDT
Paul Sullivan reports that the cactus league is displaying a grapefruit with an autograph of a player whose autograph no one really wants anymore.
Meanwhile Amalie Benjamin tweets that “starters are throwing bullpens.”
While the winter months bring a deafening silence to the world of baseball, the sweet sorrow of spring training must be organized by military intelligence.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (211)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)