Feb 25, 2010, 9:58 AM EDT
Jon Heyman this morning:
lengthy discussion in starbucks now by 2 people regarding their love of hooters’ wings. i gotta get back to NY!
Anyone want to tell Heyman that there’s a Hooters on W. 56th Steet?
But I don’t mean to single out Heyman. Tim Lincecum likes to mock those with different tastes as well:
He’s a fan of the People of Wal-Mart Web site, and if you’ve ever
seen it, you probably feel a lot better about your ability to dress
yourself in the morning.
Lincecum and a buddy made a run to the local big-box retailer
yesterday and he was very pleased with the photo of himself out front,
smiling while making a “W” symbol with his hand. He submitted it to the
site and hopes to see himself soon.
I’m not trying to be the thought police here, but having grown up in places that many people consider to be less than culturally sophisticated, I get really tired of this kind of casual, mocking cultural elitism. Hooters and Wal-Mart patrons buy baseball tickets and copies of Sports Illustrated too. Many of them — even those whose photographs were taken without their knowledge while they were looking less than their best and then were posted on some website — are actually pretty darn nice people if you get to know them.
If you don’t like Hooters don’t eat there (I’m not a fan myself). If you’re gonna hate on Wal-Mart, hate the fact that their executives have are largely responsible for getting this country hooked on crappy, cheap, disposable imported consumer
products and for ruining the Kansas City Royals.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 89
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)