Feb 25, 2010, 9:58 AM EDT
Jon Heyman this morning:
lengthy discussion in starbucks now by 2 people regarding their love of hooters’ wings. i gotta get back to NY!
Anyone want to tell Heyman that there’s a Hooters on W. 56th Steet?
But I don’t mean to single out Heyman. Tim Lincecum likes to mock those with different tastes as well:
He’s a fan of the People of Wal-Mart Web site, and if you’ve ever
seen it, you probably feel a lot better about your ability to dress
yourself in the morning.
Lincecum and a buddy made a run to the local big-box retailer
yesterday and he was very pleased with the photo of himself out front,
smiling while making a “W” symbol with his hand. He submitted it to the
site and hopes to see himself soon.
I’m not trying to be the thought police here, but having grown up in places that many people consider to be less than culturally sophisticated, I get really tired of this kind of casual, mocking cultural elitism. Hooters and Wal-Mart patrons buy baseball tickets and copies of Sports Illustrated too. Many of them — even those whose photographs were taken without their knowledge while they were looking less than their best and then were posted on some website — are actually pretty darn nice people if you get to know them.
If you don’t like Hooters don’t eat there (I’m not a fan myself). If you’re gonna hate on Wal-Mart, hate the fact that their executives have are largely responsible for getting this country hooked on crappy, cheap, disposable imported consumer
products and for ruining the Kansas City Royals.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)