Feb 25, 2010, 2:11 PM EDT
2:11pm: Now MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan tells us that Hamilton will have X-rays taken to make sure nothing is structurally wrong with the shoulder. Let’s assume it’s just a precautionary measure.
THURSDAY, 1:43pm: Hamilton woke up Thursday with a good amount of soreness and may stick to conditioning work for the next few days. It doesn’t sound too serious, though, and he should be caught up with the rest of the Rangers’ position players by the time spring games begin.
WEDNESDAY, 4:40pm: First day of workouts and Josh Hamilton is already hurt, having taken a spill while chasing a fly ball. Bruises and contusions they say. He’s day-to-day, as are we all.
Last year Hamilton missed time with rib cage, groin and back problems. If you’re a Rangers fan you’d rather see him not get hurt, but at least he’s wearing evenly.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 9
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)