Feb 25, 2010, 2:11 PM EDT
2:11pm: Now MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan tells us that Hamilton will have X-rays taken to make sure nothing is structurally wrong with the shoulder. Let’s assume it’s just a precautionary measure.
THURSDAY, 1:43pm: Hamilton woke up Thursday with a good amount of soreness and may stick to conditioning work for the next few days. It doesn’t sound too serious, though, and he should be caught up with the rest of the Rangers’ position players by the time spring games begin.
WEDNESDAY, 4:40pm: First day of workouts and Josh Hamilton is already hurt, having taken a spill while chasing a fly ball. Bruises and contusions they say. He’s day-to-day, as are we all.
Last year Hamilton missed time with rib cage, groin and back problems. If you’re a Rangers fan you’d rather see him not get hurt, but at least he’s wearing evenly.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million