Feb 25, 2010, 2:11 PM EDT
2:11pm: Now MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan tells us that Hamilton will have X-rays taken to make sure nothing is structurally wrong with the shoulder. Let’s assume it’s just a precautionary measure.
THURSDAY, 1:43pm: Hamilton woke up Thursday with a good amount of soreness and may stick to conditioning work for the next few days. It doesn’t sound too serious, though, and he should be caught up with the rest of the Rangers’ position players by the time spring games begin.
WEDNESDAY, 4:40pm: First day of workouts and Josh Hamilton is already hurt, having taken a spill while chasing a fly ball. Bruises and contusions they say. He’s day-to-day, as are we all.
Last year Hamilton missed time with rib cage, groin and back problems. If you’re a Rangers fan you’d rather see him not get hurt, but at least he’s wearing evenly.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 4
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 18
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)