Feb 25, 2010, 1:02 PM EDT
According to the Dallas Morning News’ Evan Grant, the Rangers have voided shortstop Khalil Greene’s 2010 contract following his failure to report to spring training due to ongoing anxiety issues.
It’s a sad story that continues to get sadder. Greene, now 30, battled the same anxiety disorder last season in St. Louis and hit just .200/.272/.347 with six homers in 170 at-bats for the Cardinals. He signed a one-year, $750,000 contract with the Rangers this offseason and was hoping to turn his career around in Texas. But he is still struggling internally with something many of us probably can’t understand and it sure sounds like he will not be playing baseball at all this year. Craig Calcaterra had more on the whole ordeal Monday.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (102)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)