Feb 25, 2010, 1:02 PM EDT
According to the Dallas Morning News’ Evan Grant, the Rangers have voided shortstop Khalil Greene’s 2010 contract following his failure to report to spring training due to ongoing anxiety issues.
It’s a sad story that continues to get sadder. Greene, now 30, battled the same anxiety disorder last season in St. Louis and hit just .200/.272/.347 with six homers in 170 at-bats for the Cardinals. He signed a one-year, $750,000 contract with the Rangers this offseason and was hoping to turn his career around in Texas. But he is still struggling internally with something many of us probably can’t understand and it sure sounds like he will not be playing baseball at all this year. Craig Calcaterra had more on the whole ordeal Monday.
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 5
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 29
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 47
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 68
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)