Feb 25, 2010, 1:02 PM EST
According to the Dallas Morning News’ Evan Grant, the Rangers have voided shortstop Khalil Greene’s 2010 contract following his failure to report to spring training due to ongoing anxiety issues.
It’s a sad story that continues to get sadder. Greene, now 30, battled the same anxiety disorder last season in St. Louis and hit just .200/.272/.347 with six homers in 170 at-bats for the Cardinals. He signed a one-year, $750,000 contract with the Rangers this offseason and was hoping to turn his career around in Texas. But he is still struggling internally with something many of us probably can’t understand and it sure sounds like he will not be playing baseball at all this year. Craig Calcaterra had more on the whole ordeal Monday.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)