Feb 25, 2010, 1:02 PM EST
According to the Dallas Morning News’ Evan Grant, the Rangers have voided shortstop Khalil Greene’s 2010 contract following his failure to report to spring training due to ongoing anxiety issues.
It’s a sad story that continues to get sadder. Greene, now 30, battled the same anxiety disorder last season in St. Louis and hit just .200/.272/.347 with six homers in 170 at-bats for the Cardinals. He signed a one-year, $750,000 contract with the Rangers this offseason and was hoping to turn his career around in Texas. But he is still struggling internally with something many of us probably can’t understand and it sure sounds like he will not be playing baseball at all this year. Craig Calcaterra had more on the whole ordeal Monday.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 76
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)