Feb 25, 2010, 2:39 PM EDT
Ever dreamed of being a ballboy or ballgirl for a major league club? No? Oh. Um, well, you can, if you want. From the Baltimore Sun’s Peter Schmuck:
The Orioles just announced this year’s
ballboy and ballgirl tryouts. The club will hold interviews on
March 6 at noon at the Warehouse for anyone 18 or older who wants to
spend the summer in an Orioles jersey, but making substantially less
than the $400,000 major league minimum salary.
One has to wonder what takes place in these ballboy and ballgirl “interviews.” Can you field a grounder? Able to identify the youngest kid in the first five rows? And can you toss that kid the ball? Good, now steer clear of balls in play. There are worse ways to spend a summer.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PHT: Blackhawks rattle Rask in Game 4
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT Extra: Will the Spurs recover for Game 7?
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- HBT: Hamilton dropped to 7th in Angels lineup