Feb 26, 2010, 10:20 AM EST
At least that’s the story I’m going with after reading this piece about Kevin Kouzmanoff:
And when he was in the Indians’ system, at Triple-A Buffalo, someone
told him he was a bad fielder. Well, he wasn’t told, exactly.
“I read an article that said how poor my defense was,” he said. “I
sort of took that to heart. My footwork wasn’t good, and I had stiff
His solution to both problems? “Reps.”
“I just started working on it, and I kept at it until I got better,”
he said. “I don’t remember the guy’s name, but a shout out to whomever
And you thought writers didn’t add anything to the party.
Snark aside, it’s a pretty nice writeup on Kouzmanoff, who sounds like a ballplayer who takes his craft seriously.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (306)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (121)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)