Feb 26, 2010, 10:20 AM EDT
At least that’s the story I’m going with after reading this piece about Kevin Kouzmanoff:
And when he was in the Indians’ system, at Triple-A Buffalo, someone
told him he was a bad fielder. Well, he wasn’t told, exactly.
“I read an article that said how poor my defense was,” he said. “I
sort of took that to heart. My footwork wasn’t good, and I had stiff
His solution to both problems? “Reps.”
“I just started working on it, and I kept at it until I got better,”
he said. “I don’t remember the guy’s name, but a shout out to whomever
And you thought writers didn’t add anything to the party.
Snark aside, it’s a pretty nice writeup on Kouzmanoff, who sounds like a ballplayer who takes his craft seriously.
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 4
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 12
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (103)
- Joe West ejects A.J. Pierzynski by calmly telling the Braves’ dugout “you need a new catcher.” (97)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)