Feb 26, 2010, 10:20 AM EST
At least that’s the story I’m going with after reading this piece about Kevin Kouzmanoff:
And when he was in the Indians’ system, at Triple-A Buffalo, someone
told him he was a bad fielder. Well, he wasn’t told, exactly.
“I read an article that said how poor my defense was,” he said. “I
sort of took that to heart. My footwork wasn’t good, and I had stiff
His solution to both problems? “Reps.”
“I just started working on it, and I kept at it until I got better,”
he said. “I don’t remember the guy’s name, but a shout out to whomever
And you thought writers didn’t add anything to the party.
Snark aside, it’s a pretty nice writeup on Kouzmanoff, who sounds like a ballplayer who takes his craft seriously.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)