Feb 26, 2010, 12:29 PM EDT
This week’s “Twittergate” is just another exhibit of Ozzie Guillen’s burning desire to be the center of attention . . . One wonders, however, when Sox fans will reach their tipping point on Guillen’s antics.
— Dan McNeil of the Chicago Tribune, sounding not unlike Principal Vernon from “The Breakfast Club” and likely unaware that every single sportswriter with whom he shares the newsroom is on Twitter too.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 51
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)