Feb 26, 2010, 12:29 PM EDT
This week’s “Twittergate” is just another exhibit of Ozzie Guillen’s burning desire to be the center of attention . . . One wonders, however, when Sox fans will reach their tipping point on Guillen’s antics.
– Dan McNeil of the Chicago Tribune, sounding not unlike Principal Vernon from “The Breakfast Club” and likely unaware that every single sportswriter with whom he shares the newsroom is on Twitter too.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (92)