Feb 27, 2010, 8:39 AM EDT
Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that Shin-Soo Choo has hired Scott Boras to be his agent, leaving Octagon Worldwide behind. Choo, 27, batted .300/.394/.489 with 20 homers, 86 RBI and 26 stolen bases last season. He is under team control through 2013, but he will be arbitration-eligible for the first time after this season.
Anthony Castrovince of MLB.com recently reported that the Indians feel they have the financial flexibility to lock up both Choo and Asdrubal Cabrera to long-term contracts, however an extension for Choo will almost certainly be complicated by the presence of Boras.
Of course, Kendry Morales also recently hired Boras after he fired the Hendricks brothers in what appears to be a financial dispute. Like Choo, the 26-year-old first baseman will be arbitration-eligible for the first time after this season.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)