Mar 1, 2010, 3:16 PM EST
Alex Rodriguez is being pulled into the Tony Galea-HGH mini-scandal that ensnared Jose Reyes last week. Rodriguez acknowledged a few minutes ago that the feds want to talk to him and that he intends to cooperate with their investigation. While this suggests that A-Rod went up to Canada to have his blood spun Reyes-style last year, Rodriguez is saying that “this is about someone else.”
For his sake it better involve someone else, because if it doesn’t he kept the Yankees totally in the dark about it. The team’s statement:
“The Yankees never authorized Dr. Tony Galea to treat Alex
Rodriguez, nor do we have knowledge of any such treatment.”
Why A-Rod is being questioned about a doctor he suggests never treated him is something of a mystery, and we probably won’t know why, exactly, he’s being questioned until he tells us more.
Not that I imagine this will stop the Daily News and the Post from transforming A-Rod from the redeemed postseason hero figure they’ve taken to recently back into the A-Roid figure they so eagerly created this time last year. Indeed, no matter how tangential or benign A-Rod’s involvement with Dr. Galea was, I have faith that by the time the tabloids hit the streets tomorrow morning, A-Rod will be back in his familiar role as public enemy number one.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40