Mar 1, 2010, 11:20 AM EDT
Fifth starter Jason Hammel will pitch in
the team’s Cactus League opener Thursday, facing the Diamondbacks.
Opening-day starter Ubaldo Jimenez will make his first start Friday
against the Angels rather than pitch against the Giants that same day.
“That is by design,” Tracy said, not wanting to give San Francisco any unnecessary looks at his ace.
Given that (a) in his career, Ubaldo Jimenez has pitched more innings against the Giants than any other team; and (b) the Giants probably spring for the Extra Innings package, I’m guessing they’ll survive without seeing him pitch some meaningless early March game in Tucson.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)