Mar 1, 2010, 11:20 AM EDT
Fifth starter Jason Hammel will pitch in
the team’s Cactus League opener Thursday, facing the Diamondbacks.
Opening-day starter Ubaldo Jimenez will make his first start Friday
against the Angels rather than pitch against the Giants that same day.
“That is by design,” Tracy said, not wanting to give San Francisco any unnecessary looks at his ace.
Given that (a) in his career, Ubaldo Jimenez has pitched more innings against the Giants than any other team; and (b) the Giants probably spring for the Extra Innings package, I’m guessing they’ll survive without seeing him pitch some meaningless early March game in Tucson.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 15
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 87
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)